Wednesday 25 July 2007

writer's fatigue

uff..

I usually quite enjoy writing things. I wouldn't consider myself hugely creative, but sometimes I do enjoy taking some time to put pen to paper. However having spent the last three months doing nothing but writing, it is taking its toll. Writing a Masters dissertation is a soul destroying business, and I know of no one who is enjoying the process. You are required to write high-quality academic writing at a pace that is utterly unenviable. I for one was also required to conduct empirical research, analyse same, and incorporate it within the 15,000 word dissertation. Nightmare.

And so I am well and truly fatigued. I just don't want to write no more, ma. People send me instant messages and I wish they hadn't, they send me email and I wish I didn't have to hit reply. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't like writing to them.

Roll on September. Maybe I'll see you on the other side.

No comments: